I received a few questions on how I created the "THB" logo texture in my last post, so I created a short video to show you how I did it. It's super easy once you find out what values work best together, but play around with them depending on how dramatic you want the effect to be.
"Two things rob people of their peace of mind: Work unfinished and work not yet begun."
After a long, productive week, when my mind is at peace and I feel that I've accomplished all that I can at the moment, some serious recharging is needed. It took me awhile to get this routine down and be able to discover what works best, but here's what the end of a week typically looks like for me. I'm curious to know how you recharge after a long week, so please do tell!
1 Extra Hour of Sleep
This one's a no brainer. I allow myself an extra hour (at least) of sleep without feeling bad about it. Sometimes I gain this extra hour by going to bed earlier than normal, but most of the time I gain it by sleeping in.
Pin on Pinterest
Spending a good half hour-45 minutes on Pinterest help me feel up to date on some of the things I missed throughout the week and is overall an enjoyable experience.
Eat a Big Breakfast
I usually just have a yogurt and some fruit during the week, but something about making a big, hearty breakfast makes it instantly feel like the weekend. If I'm feeling extra spontaneous, I'll go to the diner down the street for a big breakfast.
Getting groceries earlier in the weekend (rather than waiting until Sunday) is so much less stressful and is a good way to feel even more prepared for weekend plans.
I like to steep a big pot of tea and sip it throughout the day. I'll usually have one cup hot and put the rest in a carafe in the fridge.
Watch the Food Network
I've unintentionally limited myself to watching TV only on the weekends and 90% of the time it's the Food Network. The other 10% is something trashy on E! or Bravo.
Go Out with Friends
Once I've had a good chunk of time that required minimal communication, going out with friends is the perfect way to end the night.
As some of you may already know, I've officially started the job hunt. For the past five months, I've been focusing on building a portfolio I'm proud of and becoming more confident as a designer. Can I just say- I have never had such mixed emotions in my life. From my feelings about leaving all of my friends as we go our separate ways, to feeling unsure about where to apply.
I've spent the last month researching and traveling to cities I think might hold good opportunity. What I've found is that I end up finding aspects of each city that lead me to believe I could have a happy and successful career there- which makes for a very confused 22 year old. Sometimes I wish someone would just tell me what's best.
The one thing that has remained constant (among my feelings) is my desire to travel and do good work. As difficult as it is, right now I'm just trying to apply myself and trust the journey.
"Little Houses" is a series of illustrations I created to familiarize myself with then pen tool in Illustrator. I researched common architectural elements among houses native to particular cities and tried my best to embody those characteristics in simplified illustrations. A couple additional pieces have been added to my portfolio here.